Registration & Enrollment (All Schools)

Enrollment Options

Most students in Washington go to the public schools that are closest to their homes. But parents and guardians have many enrollment options for their kids. Students can attend an approved private school, enroll in an Alternative Learning Experience program, be taught at home (Home Based Instruction), or attend a charter school.  In some circumstances, they can also transfer to other schools within or outside the district in which they live. 

In 1990, the state Legislature formalized some of the public school options by passing the Learning by Choice law.

In Cascade School District, we have two Alternative Learning Experiences (Kodiak Virtual Academy (K-12) and Home Link (K-8)), one preschool, a Transitional Kindergarten program (4 yr olds), three elementary schools (a K-2, a 3-5, and a K-5), one middle school (grades 6-8), one alternative high school program, and one high school (grades 9-12) that offers a total of 140 college credits (see below for details).  Students can also participate in Running Start through Cascade High School and Wenatchee Valley College. 

Here in the Upper Valley, our earliest learners have several options:  Kodiak Cubs Preschool, TK Cubs, Chelan-Douglas Child Services Association (Head Start in Peshastin) and Mountain Sprouts located in Leavenworth. For more information on these programs, please see this page.