District News - June 2017
If your son or daughter will be 5 years of age by August 31st and you are interested in placing them in Kindergarten, you can enroll your student one of three ways: 1) Online through this website
(under "Schools" & "Registration & Enrollment" or under the Community/Parent tab (you must have a computer and internet access), 2) print off a packet from the website (same place as online enrollment), bring finished packets to the District office, along with a birth certificate and up-to-date immunization records. The District Office is open Monday - Friday, 8-4:30 pm all summer to assist you.
STUDENT DATA VERIFICATION - ALL STUDENTS / ALL BUILDINGS
If your address or phone number(s) change you can go online and update your information beginning August 1st. Located under Quick Links on the right side of this page, click on Family Access and log in. The parent/guardian then clicks on the "Student Data Verification" (upper left) in family access for each of their currently enrolled students. This is where you update or verify your mailing address, phone numbers, emails, etc. You can also fill out the FREE/REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION ON LINE HERE!!
Once you fill out information for one of your students and complete the step, the relevant information automatically populates into your other students. Complete all of the steps (green check mark shows) and finish. Free and Reduced lunch application information will then appear under "food service" on this same family access area. Once the application is approved or declined, you will see it appear on "food service" tab, upper right side under "applications".
MAKING PAYMENTS ONLINE - HOW TO
Our families now have the ability to pay for fees (any sports participation fees, ASB cards, yearbooks, and food services, etc) online through family access! You can do this anytime. There is a $1.75 convenience fee per “cart”.
- Family access can be found on the district website at www.cascadesd.org, right side under “Quick Links”
- Log in (get your login and password from your school building office if you don’t have it).
- All of your children should appear on one page. You can purchase for all of your children here.
- On the left side, click “Fee Management”.
- This should bring up the fee management page. Click “add a fee” at your students account.
- At the bottom of the page you can choose the fee(s) that you would like to add – VERY IMPORTANT – click on DISPLAY FEES and check ALL OF THE BOXES, then SAVE. This brings up ALL sports for the year. Add as many as are applicable or that you wish to pay at this time. Hit the back button at top right and you will see these fees then populate under your students’name. Then go to your next student and do the same steps. There is a family sports fee cap of $200 per family for CHS & IRMS - the system will automatically adjust when your purchase is over $200.
- Once you have finished adding all the fees to all of your students (including food service). Now click “make a payment”. At this screen you update the payment amount for fees and you can also make a payment for food services (make sure you use “update payment amount” on each of these for each student). At any time if you make a mistake you can “empty the cart”. Once you have finished with updating the amounts – you will then end up at the screen asking you to Update the cart (you will see a total line next to this button).
- At this point, you should have all amounts ready (fees and food service) to go for all of your students. Click the button at the top “Pay with Vendor”.
- If you have already made a previous payment on line (food service) – all of your credit card and account information will be in the system and you just click through to the end. If not, you will need to type in and create an account along with a credit/debit card you wish to use (don’t forget an email too so the program can email a receipt to you).
Online Athletic Registration is now available for high school and middle school athletes.
Chelan County Alerts
Sign up to receive emergency alerts and severe weather warnings that could directly impact you and your family.
Chelan County is able to send you emergency alerts via text message, email, pager, or voice mail (in extreme cases), based on your preferences. It is important that we collect this contact information because many households no longer utilize traditional land-based telephone lines.
The system is intended to be used for emergency alerts, as well as non-emergency incidents that may have significant impacts to residents. Emergency Alerts could be related to specific hazards that require some kind of action be taken such as evacuation, shelter in place, boil water orders, etc. Non-emergency alerts could include significant transportation problems with prolonged impacts or significant ongoing police or fire activity. This list is not meant to be all inclusive, and demonstrates that this system will not be used for routine information. In addition to receiving information on your wireless device, you may also receive notification on your land telephone line (if you have one) depending on the type of incident or event.
Please provide your address and preferred method(s) of contact. Adding your address will allow tailoring so you do not receive alerts that do not pertain to your geographical area.
These alerts are provided free of charge, however standard text messaging rates and other charges may apply.