District News - April 2017
KINDERGARTEN REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
If your son or daughter will be 5 years of age by August 31st and you are interested in placing them in Kindergarten, you can enroll your student one of three ways: 1) Online through this website
(under "Schools" & "Registration & Enrollment" or under the Community/Parent tab (you must have a computer and internet access), 2) print off a packet from the website (same place as online enrollment), or 3) stop by the Peshastin-Dryden Elementary School office to pick up a packet. Bring finished packets to Hilary in the PD office, along with a birth certificate and up-to-date immunization records. If you have questions, please call Hilary at 509-548-5832.
PRESCHOOL REGISTRATION OPENS MONDAY, APRIL 17
Kodiak Cubs Preschool is an Early Learning program for our preschool age (3-4) and pre-K (4-5) age students. If you are interested in enrolling - click here for all of the information.
REGIONAL HIGH SCHOOL ART SHOW
The Regional High School Art Show is like districts for a basketball team. Students from our region enter artwork in one of eight categories. We have two students who collaborated on a sculpture and were voted BEST IN SHOW and awarded a 1st place in Mixed Media category. State is in Olympia where their artwork will travel to compete with other artists from around the state!
"Free Standing Fred" Sculpture
Congratulations to Luke Hafermann and Wyatt Whaley!
REGIONAL CHAMPIONS CONCERT
Thank you everyone who attended our fund raiser concert on March 7th - we raised more than $900 towards our Spring tour & state competition preparation.
NORTH CENTRAL WA REGIONAL MUSIC CHAMPIONSHIPS
Our choral students returned from regional championships in early February, where they competed against Moses Lake, Wenatchee, Eastmont and many others. We have seven that came out with 1st Place:
Large Mixed (Men/Women) Ensemble
Large Group Womens Ensemble
Large Group Mens Ensemble
Small Group Womens Ensemble
Small Group Mens Ensemble
Mezzo Soprano - Andrea Sorensen
Baritone - Jonah Gunter
ALL First Place finishers advance to the WA State Music Championships held at Central WA Univ in April.
There were three categories where we had top finishes: Bass - 2nd Jonah Gunter, 3rd David Tveten, Tenor - Superior Rating - Landon Davies (8th grade), Piano - 3rd Jonah Gunter.
CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR OUTSTANDING STUDENTS AND CHORAL DIRECTOR ANNE CONRAD
Congratulations to all the students
who competed this past weekend at the Washington State DECA
Competition in Bellevue. Special
Congratulations to the following students who were overall Washington
State award winners and International DECA competition qualifiers:
Rylee Jacobson - Apparel and Accessories
Clare Nelle - School Based Enterprise
Sarah Pinneo - School Based Enterprise
D'Andre Vasquez - Sports and Entertainment
of luck to all of our competitors at the International competition to
be held April 25th-30th in Anaheim CA!
STUDENT DATA VERIFICATION - ALL STUDENTS / ALL BUILDINGS
This is new this year in Family Access. The parent/guardian clicks on the "Student Data Verification" in family access for each of their currently enrolled students. This is where you update or verify your mailing address, phone numbers, emails, etc. You can also fill out the FREE/REDUCED LUNCH APPLICATION ON LINE HERE!!
Once you fill out information for one of your students and complete the step, the relevant information automatically populates into your other students. Complete all of the steps (green check mark shows) and finish. Free and Reduced lunch application information will then appear under "food service" on this same family access area. Once the application is approved or declined, you will see it appear on "food service" tab, upper right side under "applications".
MAKING PAYMENTS ONLINE - HOW TO
Our families now have the ability to pay for fees (any sports participation fees, ASB cards, yearbooks, and food services, etc) online through family access! You can do this anytime. There is a $1.75 convenience fee per “cart”.
- Family access can be found on the district website at www.cascadesd.org, right side under “Quick Links”
- Log in (get your login and password from your school building office if you don’t have it).
- All of your children should appear on one page. You can purchase for all of your children here.
- On the left side, click “Fee Management”.
- This should bring up the fee management page. Click “add a fee” at your students account.
- At the bottom of the page you can choose the fee(s) that you would like to add – VERY IMPORTANT – click on DISPLAY FEES and check ALL OF THE BOXES, then SAVE. This brings up ALL sports for the year. Add as many as are applicable or that you wish to pay at this time. Hit the back button at top right and you will see these fees then populate under your students’name. Then go to your next student and do the same steps. There is a family sports fee cap of $200 per family for CHS & IRMS - the system will automatically adjust when your purchase is over $200.
- Once you have finished adding all the fees to all of your students (including food service). Now click “make a payment”. At this screen you update the payment amount for fees and you can also make a payment for food services (make sure you use “update payment amount” on each of these for each student). At any time if you make a mistake you can “empty the cart”. Once you have finished with updating the amounts – you will then end up at the screen asking you to Update the cart (you will see a total line next to this button).
- At this point, you should have all amounts ready (fees and food service) to go for all of your students. Click the button at the top “Pay with Vendor”.
- If you have already made a previous payment on line (food service) – all of your credit card and account information will be in the system and you just click through to the end. If not, you will need to type in and create an account along with a credit/debit card you wish to use (don’t forget an email too so the program can email a receipt to you).
Online Athletic Registration is now available for high school and middle school athletes.
Chelan County Alerts
Sign up to receive emergency alerts and severe weather warnings that could directly impact you and your family.
Chelan County is able to send you emergency alerts via text message, email, pager, or voice mail (in extreme cases), based on your preferences. It is important that we collect this contact information because many households no longer utilize traditional land-based telephone lines.
The system is intended to be used for emergency alerts, as well as non-emergency incidents that may have significant impacts to residents. Emergency Alerts could be related to specific hazards that require some kind of action be taken such as evacuation, shelter in place, boil water orders, etc. Non-emergency alerts could include significant transportation problems with prolonged impacts or significant ongoing police or fire activity. This list is not meant to be all inclusive, and demonstrates that this system will not be used for routine information. In addition to receiving information on your wireless device, you may also receive notification on your land telephone line (if you have one) depending on the type of incident or event.
Please provide your address and preferred method(s) of contact. Adding your address will allow tailoring so you do not receive alerts that do not pertain to your geographical area.
These alerts are provided free of charge, however standard text messaging rates and other charges may apply.