State law mandates daily school attendance. While regular attendance is a responsibility of students and parents, the attendance law places a legal obligation on school authorities with regard to attendance. In meeting this obligation, the following attendance rules have been adopted:
- Students returning from absences are expected to have an explanatory note from parents.
- Absences will be recorded as “Excused” for the following reasons
- Doctor/Dental Appointments
- Family Emergencies
- Parents should contact the office in person, in writing, or by phone for Planned Absences
- Extended Absences:
- Extended illness requires a doctor’s signature and explanation.
- Family emergency extended absences require early notification of school personnel
- Excessive absences (12 more days) will require a doctor's note for future absences to be excused.
*Copies of our attendance brochure are in the office or you can click on the link.