There are many opportunities for parents in the Cascade School District to get involved and make a difference in their schools by joining a parent organization(s) in the school(s). Besides becoming a volunteer, you can also be an active member of one of the following organizations:
The Parent Teacher Organization at Peshastin-Dryden Elementary has joined forces with the parent group at Alpine Lakes Elementary School - they are now the PD/ALP PTO! Their mission is to enrich the social and educational experiences of our students, while supporting teachers. The PTO is encouraging you to join - whether you can volunteer 2 hrs a school year, or 2 hrs a week, every bit helps us support our students and schools!
Cascade Athletic Boosters (supports 6-12 sports). Cascade Athletic Boosters
Kodiak Band Boosters (supports 6-12 band programs). Contact info: James Mitsuyasu, email@example.com
Cascade Choral Boosters (supports 6-12 choral programs). Contact info: Mindy Wall, firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: These are volunteer-driven parent organizations which support our locals schools, but remain independent of the school district.
Superintendent's Parent Council
The purpose of the Superintendent's Parent Council is to communicate parent requests, concerns, and appreciation. It is a direct line of communication with the Superintendent and district administration. There is an attitude of positivity and problem solving. Council members will share out to other parents and the community. It gives an opportunity for parents and community members to share ideas to district administration.
Members of the Parent Council include:
- Krysten Furfaro, email@example.com, representing Peshastin Dryden and Homelink;
- Alicia May, firstname.lastname@example.org, representing Beaver Valley and Peshastin Dryden;
- Flor Murguia-West, email@example.com, representing Peshastin Dryden and Cascade High School;
- Mary Jo Sanborn, firstname.lastname@example.org, representing Alpine Lakes and Icicle River;
- Gabe Snider, email@example.com, representing Peshasgin Dryden and Alpine Lakes;
- Rachel Strand, firstname.lastname@example.org, representing Peshastin Dryden and Alpine Lakes;
- Heidi Swoboda, email@example.com, representing Cascade High School; and
- Canuche Terranella, firstname.lastname@example.org, representing Peshastin Dryden and Alpine Lakes.