Special EducationIn order to provide appropriate specially designed instruction to all qualified students with disabilities in the Cascade School District, the special education department has the following goals:
1. Hire and retain qualified, passionate, innovative, and well-trained special education staff.
2. Implement state and federal regulations with the highest ethical standards.
3. Provide access to technology for special education staff and students.
4. Support general educators regarding appropriate accommodations and techniques for meeting the needs of all students in the general education program.
5. Work with families in a friendly and collaborative manner to ensure the success of every student.
Wednesday, September 8
Thursday, September 9
Child Find is a national program available through public schools for identifying students with special needs. Children and young adults may qualify for services if they have delays in speech, language, fine motor, gross motor, and/or learning, or whose learning is impacted by vision, hearing, and mobility.
This screening is for children under the age of 21 who have speech, gross motor, fine motor, health or developmental concerns, who are not already enrolled in school and have not graduated from high school.
To schedule a screening, please call (509) 548-4004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org