ALPINE LAKES ELEMENTARY BUILDING DEDICATION PROGRAM, SEPT 20th
Alpine Lakes Elementary School Video
We would like to invite our community, staff, parents, and students to the Alpine Lakes Elementary School "New Building Dedication" on Thursday, September 20th at 500 Pine St! The Dedication Program will be from 6-6:30 pm with opportunities for self-guided tours from 6:30-8:00 pm.
We are very proud of this new school and grateful to our community of voters for supporting our building project(s). We look forward to sharing all of the amazing features of this building and visiting with you at the dedication on the 20th of September!
Alpine Lakes Elementary - June/2018
500 Pine Street
All classroom/building moves finished on Friday, June 22nd. New furniture began arriving on Monday, June 25th at Alpine Lakes Elementary. The settling in phase (technology, phones, classroom setup, etc) will occur over the summer 2018 with classes (grades 3-5) beginning August 28, 2018. We will host an openhouse in September inviting our community to tour the new facility.
Teachers classrooms, offices, cafeteria and everything else that was boxed and ready to move for the three school buildings (Cascade High School, Osborn Elementary, and Peshastin Dryden Elementary School) were moved during the "big move" which began at noon on June 14th and finished on June 22nd at 2:30 pm. Each building took approximately two days.
New furniture for Alpine Lakes Elementary School arrived as scheduled on June 25th. During the month of July, furniture, technology and phone systems will be put in place and readied for classes (grades 3-5) beginning August 28, 2018. We will host a building dedication September 20th beginning at 6 pm inviting our community to tour the new facility.
Alpine Lakes Elementary
500 Pine St
A tremendous amount of work has been done on Alpine Lakes Elementary School. The roof is complete and within a week or two the entire project will be completely buttoned up and ready for winter. Inside the building the constructon crews are hanging sheetrock walls and insulating each classroom for sound and energy efficiency. All the windows should be in place within the next two weeks and we have hopes for all paving to be complete before the season comes to a close. This will clean up the site and eliminate the amount of mud the crews have to deal with on a daily basis.
The project is moving along on time and with no foreseeable obstacles in the way. Recently steel joists and decking were installed at the gym, exterior framing and bracing is being installed at the first floor, the west entrance roof framing was being installed, column pour backs were completed and second floor concrete slab was poured.
Through the month of August we will continue to see progress such as utilities being installed up to Pine Street, the roof decking being installed, more exterior framing, roofing installation and interior framing.
June 2017In the second week of June work began on the fiber and sewer at Titus Road. Utilities in the north bus drive will be installed around the third week of June. Slab on grade sections are scheduled to be poured the 14th, 15th and 16th of June. Control joints are to be wet-cut on Saturday the 17th of June. The week of June 19th the CMU block is scheduled to begin and metal decking will arrive. The week of June 26th a crane will arrive for the 4-week steel erection and then around mid-July framing will begin.May 24, 2017
All stem walls have been poured. Hurst has begun site work in the future parking lot area this week and will start back filling building area to prepare for slab installation. Slab to be poured in Area B on June 9th and area A on June 13th.April 27, 2017Alpine Lakes Elementary School footings have been poured.April 20, 2017
• Fowler Construction is on site and foundation footings are being framed here as well. You will see concrete trucks at Alpine Lakes very soon.
• A furniture committee is meeting at Osborn to select desks, tables, and chairs for the new building.
• Structural steel is scheduled to arrive in the next two weeks.Fowler Construction Awarded ContractContract bids were opened on February 9, 2017 for the construction of Alpine Lakes Elementary School. Bids were received by Fowler Construction of the Tri Cities and Lydig Construction of Spokane. Fowler was the low bidder at $13,166,000 on the $13,500,000 project under bidding Lydig by only $161,000 or a little more than 1%. Lydig and Fowler are both excellent contractors with strong expertise in building schools. Design West Architecture has worked with Fowler on many school projects and they are eager to begin a new project together here in Leavenworth.Construction will begin on the Pine St. site as soon as enough snow has melted to allow for heavy equipment to enter the area. The project completion date will be late spring of 2018. Osborn Elementary staff will move into the new building in June/July of 2018 and the PD Elementary staff will move up to Osborn at the same time. The PD Elementary project will be completed in June /July of 2019.December 15, 2016 Bid Package Schedule:First bid advertisement - January 11th, 2017Second bid advertisement - January 18th, 2017Optional pre-bid walk-thru - January 25th, 2017Bid opening - February 9th, 2017 at Cascade School District Board Room, 330 Evans Street, Leavenworth.November 7, 2016: Alpine Lakes Elementary Update
New Site Plan Reflects Redesign to Meet Budget Parameters
The new site plan has been released by Design West Architects. This design reflects the changes put in place to bring the project under budget in the next round of bidding. The following changes have been put in place to meet this goal:
• The gym and stage/music room was reassigned and reconfigured into a 3,100 s.f. multi-purpose room.
• Space remains on the site for the possibility to add the gym at a later date should the community so desire.
• Music instructional space moved to a classroom.
• An above ground swale and retention pond will replace the underground storm water management system creating a $750,000 savings.
• Changed building accents and roof features other than the main entry.
• Value engineered interior and exterior finished to more affordable choices with the same durability.Bids will be received in February and construction may begin as early as late March or early April 2017.August 10, 2016: Alpine Lakes Elementary UpdateThe Cascade School District rejected the four bids to build the new Alpine Lakes Elementary School earlier this month. All four of the bids submitted exceeded the project budget. Work will begin right away by Design West Architects and the Cascade School District's Construction Cabinet to come up with a new design that meets the estimated budget target. This will be followed by a new bid date of November 17th, 2016 (11/21/2016 td) in February 2017 and an expected construction start date in early spring of 2018.
The renderings, site plans and floor plans listed below are subject to change. (8/18/2016 td)
May 23, 2016: Hurst Construction (Excavation), from Wenatchee, won the bid for the early site package work on the Alpine Lakes Elementary School and will start work on June 16th, 2016. They will begin by excavating several feet of top soil from the lower practice field behind the bus garage and storing it on the Pine Street property where it will be leveled for our future play fields.
Click on the files below to view.
Alpine Lakes Elementary Rendering
You are commenting as Anonymous