Our EL students are progressing and we are excited to see their development at the end of the school year.
English Language Proficiency Standards
- Students will construct meaning from oral presentations and literary and informational text through grade appropriate listening, reading and viewing.
- Students will participate in grade appropriate oral and written exchanges of information, ideas and analyses, responding to peer, audience or reader comments and questions.
- Students will speak and write about grade appropriate complex literary and informational texts and topics.
- Students will construct grade appropriate oral and written claims and support them with reasoning and evidence.
- Students will conduct research then evaluate and communicate findings to answer questions or solve problems.
- Students will analyze and critique the arguments of others orally and in writing.
- Students will adapt language choices to purpose, task and audience when speaking and writing.
- Students will determine the meaning of words and phrases in oral presentations and in literary and informational texts.
- Students will create clear and coherent grade appropriate text and speech.
- Students will make accurate use of standard English to communicate in grade appropriate speech and writing.