Board Policies & Procedures
What is the difference between a board policy and procedure?
A board policy:
- Provides guidelines to chart a course of action.
- Tells what is wanted — and may include why and how much.
- Allows discretionary action by the administration in meeting day-to-day problems.
- Is specific enough to give clear guidance.
- Should be reviewed on a consistent schedule and can only be modified through formal analysis, review and adoption.
A board procedure:
PLEASE NOTE: To access a particular Board resource, you can search by Policy Number, Section or Title, before clicking Submit.
- Is the responsibility of the superintendent and staff. The superintendent can change procedures as the need arises.
- Establishes the mechanics for implementing policy.
- Lists the steps to be followed.
- Contains important detail; the do's and don'ts.
- Is not adopted, but is reviewed by the Board as needed.
TO SEE A COMPLETE INDEX OF POLICIES AND PROCEDURES- CLICK ON SUBMIT BELOW
1000 - Board of Directors
2000 - Instruction
3000 - Students
4000 - Community Relations
5000 - Personnel
6000 - Management Support/Fiscal
Board Policies & Procedures Search